Breastfeeding your baby is such a natural and normal thing to do. In fact, the law in the UK protects you from being discriminated against. However, in reality, many mothers still do not feel comfortable breastfeeding their babies outside of the home, either because of the critical remarks they may get from others or for fear of confrontation such as that experienced by the mother in the following quote.
TIPS FOR BREASTFEEDING IN PUBLIC
The US Women’s Health Organisation suggests some tips for breastfeeding in public including:
1. Wear clothes that allow easy access your breasts.
2. Breastfeed your baby in a sling.
3. Practice at home.
“Breastfeeding in public can be a relaxed and easy thing to do,” said Evelyn Huang, the Mamaway Marketing Manager. Wearing attire that allows for discrete breastfeeding can help give you confidence to breastfeed your baby anywhere and at any time. “Mamaway breastfeeding tops have different nursing openings, such as convertible, button flap and lift up.
Breastfeeding mothers can choose an opening that they feel most comfortable with,” said Mrs. Huang. Alternatively, breastfeeding in the sling is another good choice. “Mamaway baby slings are especially helpful for travelling — it makes it easier to keep your baby comforted and close to you,” said Mrs. Huang. “With Australia Day approaching, breastfeeding mothers and babies can go out and join the fun easily in Mamaway slings,” Mrs. Huang added.
· Navigate crowds & public transport all the while keeping baby safe and close.
· Hit the beach without struggling with prams on sand. Don’t forget that the excess fabric from your Mamaway sling can be made into a shady hat for bub too!
· Wearing baby in a Mamaway sling is comfortable and distributes bub’s weight so that you can carry bub for hours without getting a sore back or tired arms.
· When not in use you can easily pack your baby carrier into your nappy bag.